Serving more than 4.000 organisations across +30 countries, DEXMA by Spacewell is a leading provider of Energy Management Software for commercial and industrial buildings. The DEXMA Platform is a cloud-based AI software that combines Big Data Analytics with Energy Efficiency to help thousands of facility managers, energy auditors and building owners around the world to detect, analyse and optimise energy consumption and costs, while becoming more sustainable. DEXMA was founded in 2007 in Barcelona, and is part of Spacewell that helps organizations across the globe to improve the performance of their building portfolios.
You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company. At DEXMA, we are full of contagious energy, hard work, and passion for what we do. We are fully committed to encouraging an environment where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging. We are proud to have a multicultural team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
The Engineering department is currently looking for Senior Software Engineers for the Platform team, engineers who embrace software craftsmanship and have a strong background in either Java, Kotlin or Scala. We believe in the use of Agile methodologies and XP practices such as TDD, pairing and CI/CD, as the fundamentals to deliver frequently high quality code.
We are open to both onsite and remote candidates that live in Spain, and would enjoy meeting the team once every 1-2 months in our Barcelona offices.
Be a Part Of a Team Where You Will
- Ensure that the platform runs smoothly managing millions of measurements every day, by taking into account performance and concurrency in the features that you work on.
- Be involved in the full process of agile software development: problem -> brainstorming -> architecture -> coding -> reviewing -> deploying -> monitoring -> metrics
- Create and improve features using mostly Java, but also use/learn Kotlin & Python.
- Be accountable & proficient with the code that the team writes, keeping it clean and simple.
- Apply functional and reactive programming principles
- Work with our open-source technical stack
- Contribute to reducing Global Warming with the result of your daily job
- Pragmatic mindset, balancing quality, performance, and time-to-market.
- Eager to explore new technologies and curious about how things work.
- Proven experience in modern JVM languages (Java 8+, Kotlin or Scala).
- Obsession for Unit & Integration testing.
- A clear understanding of the CI/CD pipelines.
- You are a team player, you enjoy working with people and solving problems together.
- Hands-on experience with JVM applications running in Kubernetes
- Experience handling Time-Series or other kinds of Big Data
- Functional programming principles
- Experience improving the performance of JVM applications
- Experience with multiple JVM languages or other backend languages such as Python
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are valued.
- A friendly and talented group with 10+ different nationalities.
- Flexible working hours and possibility of early quit Friday.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Office in the city center of Barcelona.
- Possibility to choose equipment: PC/MacBook Pro.
- Flexible Compensation Scheme on Kindergarten, transportation and food with UP Spain.
- 23 holiday days per year (flexible policy).
- Additional holidays based on tenure.
- Birthday day off.
- Company-sponsored courses & attendance to events.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance and Gym memberships.
- Regular team events (BBQ, outdoor activities...).
- Referral bonus for new hirings.
Our values at DEXMA
- Be human: authentic, open, caring & transparent
- Be an expert: share your knowledge in a simple way
- Stay positive: be passionate and optimistic
- Be humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Be sustainable: care about the planet & the ecological footprint
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you. You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company. At DEXMA, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Read more about our Declaration of Principles on Diversity, Inclusion and Equality.